Saturday, April 17, 2010

Birthday Saturday Market

2 lbs of asparagus
a dozen small yellow potatoes
2 sweet potatoes
1 head green leaf lettuce
2 heads baby purple lettuce
~1 lb. of small little fat orange and purple carrots
23-oz. jar of apple sauce
1 pint white mushrooms
1 portobello cap

$27 at Clark Park

1 loaf rye bread
4 tomatoes
1 whole wheat bagel
1 lb. rice-buckwheat hot cereal

~$12 at Milk & Honey Market

Total: ~$39

I didn't post last weekend, but we got chives and fresh herbs and pretty much everything we got this weekend. The groceries pictured above are actually last week's. I'm trying the rice-buckwheat hot cereal for the first time. It sounds ridiculously good with berries. I don't have any berries, though. Might be good with apple sauce. I've been running out of oatmeal every few days and decided to try this for a change. Finally getting enough grains in my diet because I discovered how amazing a few grains of sea salt will make oatmeal taste. I can't wait to have the brown rice and buckwheat cereal with a little salt and a little sugar. I can't wait to have it with blackberries.

I'm thirty-one today. There's a flea market on at the park. The neighborhood is beautiful but full of pollen.


No comments:

Post a Comment