Friday, July 2, 2010

Thursday boost

Summertime. I can go shopping at the park on a Thursday afternoon. Nothing better to do. Nice.

Thursday Shopping List

6 peaches
1 quart blueberries
1 quart peas-in-the-pod
bunch of green onions
giant head of purple leaf lettuce
I feel like there was something else, but I don't remember what.

total: maybe around $12

And then at Milk & Honey, we found sweet corn ($2/lb.) and bought 6 ears of that. Haven't seen that at the market at all yet and have been waiting eagerly. Today was the first time there were peaches.

I have eaten a lot of fruit and raw vegetables this past week. I love this time of year because a.) the fruit is here and b.) all the veggies that are good to eat raw are out. Raw green beans were the prize from Saturday. Those peas in the pod are amazing raw. They're big. Every pod has about 9 or 10 peas in it and they are plump and sweet and juicy. They're not the ones I was getting in the quart boxes, that are already shelled. Those are good too but always go bad by Monday when I get them on Saturday. I don't know if it's my fridge or if they just don't keep. The ones in the shell are much less finicky.

Snacks: apricots, cherries, blueberries, green peas

Apricot, cherries (chopped) and blueberries, ready to go onto granola

Apricot, cherries and blueberries on granola with rice milk

No comments:

Post a Comment