Thursday, March 15, 2012

a vegan grocery list from thriftway

A person with a dorm fridge and no stove, at DeKalb Thriftway, Norristown. The smartphone says you can make baked potatoes in the microwave.

10 small-to-medium Yukon Gold potatoes
1 lb. bagged spinach
a carton of grape tomatoes
1 lb. whole grain penne pasta
24 oz. Newman's Own Cabernet Marinara sauce
3 oranges
24 oz. apple sauce
1 quart soy milk
99-cent bag of barbecue potato chips

Total:  $21 and change

I have this trail mix with carob chips and giant raisins and sunflower seeds that is great sprinkled on a salad with Wishbone Robusto Italian dressing.

Microwave-baked potato with olive oil and seasonings.

Oatmeal, also with the trail mix.

Pasta and marinara with mushrooms.

Should have picked up some asparagus.

1 comment:

  1. I forget how long it took to wave-bake the 'taters. I used a glass blow with a lid and put them in that. I don't have a microwave now, but when I did, baked potato was my favorite thing to make.

    ReplyDelete