Sunday, March 14, 2010

Soggy Saturday Market

I've missed a Saturday shopping list or two. Yesterday, we had a Nor'easter. Just like one of the weekend storms we've been accustomed to, but it's warm now, so instead of snow we had 3.11" of rainfall in Philadelphia. We got to the market late, and everyone was packing up early, but we got all of the things we needed.


Saturday Shopping List

At Clark Park:

2 heads of green leaf lettuce
1 head of soft "buttery" purple lettuce
6 red potatoes
4 sweet onions
1 quart of white mushrooms
1 portobello cap

Total: $10 and change

At Milk & Honey:

1 loaf multi-grain bread
2 bagels

Total: $6 and change

This week, I will be making lentil-sweet potato soup to bring for lunch. Also have been living on balsamic-mushroom sandwiches. I will try to convince Mark to make another black-bean soup. I would love to get out to Weaver's Way again and get that Maine seaweed I didn't get last time. Been thinking about it ever since. I had a bunch of junk food yesterday. A slice of tomato pie from the pizza place across the street from the market. Then later in the day, a veggie burger and fries from Lee's. I'm never having that again, by the way. I know I've said that before. It makes me feel so greasy. But there's something about Saturday that demands it. Especially with homework. Greasy food goes great with homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment