Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving Part I

We're doing this again next week. But Friday is a great night to treat ourselves to something ridiculous to eat, because grocery day is tomorrow and we're running out of things. If we're going to have pizza or Ethiopian food or soy sausage and tofu scrambles, it's going to happen on a Friday evening.

Today I went to the actual grocery store (where they have foods to buy indoors, inside a building with aisles and cash registers - gasp), and bought... drumroll... a Tofurkey roast! What comes with it is the roast stuffed with stuffing and wild rice, and a gravy mix. I also bought some cranberry sauce, and we roasted the Tofurkey with potatoes and carrots.


I can't believe I get to wake up tomorrow and sip coffee and chill out until 10:00 and then go to the farmers' market. I was there week before last because of missing my math class, but I was trying to figure out how to get to math class and it wasn't the same relaxing experience it usually is. I haven't had my old, normal Saturday morning routine since the Saturday before Halloween.

I still can't really believe summer is over. This was a great summer for us.

Looking forward to repeating tonight's meal next Thursday. Who knows, by then, we might even have a dining room table.

No comments:

Post a Comment